E-MAIL: trajectory1780@gmail.com

Monday, January 18, 2021

Government Sucks

I'm a retired engineer who never lived up to my means. That means we didn't spend on a lot on things or go out very often. I invested the extra. Our children are grown and have children of their own. Our vehicles and home have been paid off for a long time. I don't owe any money to anybody, and my income is now just a little less than when I was working full time, and we're not spending all of our present income. 

So why in the hell did I get another "stimulus" check?  Sending it to us isn't going to stimulate anything!  If government had any smarts a programmed search by the IRS would rule out folks like us and give the extra to those who actually need it. But nooooo, that makes too much sense.

Over the years I've worked at small and large companies. The small companies, without exception, were more limber and efficient. Our federal government has grown way too large and inefficient. It needs to be cut in half, with some authority moved to the states and most of the rest eliminated. Maybe then the Fed would do what was intended and stay the hell out of our pockets and lives. Unfortunately it will never happen because the DC criminals are way too addicted to the power.

--------

On another subject, I'm making some adjustments in our portfolio. I'm anticipating the usual high taxes and poor economy associated with Democrat controlled federal government and rampant inflation. I'm moving a portion of my IRA from stocks to cash. That will make it less painful withdrawing additional money in the future (inflation) as stocks fall in value with higher taxation (Democrat economy).

No comments: