E-MAIL: trajectory1780@gmail.com

Friday, August 28, 2020

Virginia Visit

 This last Sunday we returned from a trip to northern Virginia. Never been there before. Beautiful countryside and full of Trump signs.  I was a bit surprised by the signs because the state government is Democrat controlled.

We went to help our granddaughter and family move to King George, Virginia. Her hubby was recently discharged from the airforce where he was an explosive Tec. The only civilian job readily available was basically the same position with a civilian contractor doing the same thing.  Good money, but deployments to other countries 6 months at a time.

Instead of coming right home we spent 6 days at the base of the blue ridge mountains.  Other than visiting historical places, we just hung out and enjoyed the scenery.

I might be getting paranoid in my old age, or just more informed and cautious. I usually travel with a carry gun and 1 spare magazine. This time I had 2 carry guns, 1 extra Mag for each and my Keltec Sub2000 with two 30 round magazines. Thankfully there was no need for any of that as we avoided all big cities.

No comments: