E-MAIL: trajectory1780@gmail.com

Friday, June 26, 2020

44 Special

Several years ago a friend managed to blow up a Super Blackhawk 44 Mag.  The ejector rod & cover was gone and the barrel was split from the frame to the front sight.  He gave it to me because he didn't want to use it anymore.  Through a local FFL I sent it back to Ruger asking for a quote to repair.  Instead of a quote Ruger sent it back to me completely repaired, at no charge.

Since I had a 44 Mag, I naturally purchased a 4" Charter Arms 44 Spl.  With time I determined that the Super Blackhawk wasn't for me.  It just didn't fit my hand, so it went back to the original owner.  That was 10+ years ago. 

Since owning the 44 special I've tried several different bullet and powder combinations, but never settled on any particular load for the revolver.  Yesterday I got to the range for a couple hours and shot groups with 4 different loads.  Two loads each with 240Gr JHP and 215Gr LSWC.  I don't think this revolver will ever have the consistent accuracy as my 357 or 454, so I'm picking one of the loads for each of the bullets and going with it.

No comments: