E-MAIL: trajectory1780@gmail.com

Friday, April 3, 2020

Riding Again, Hopefully

The Boss had invasive spine surgery last September and has slowly getting better ever since.  We recently joined the Y and only managed to get there 1 time before it was closed due to the virus crap hitting the fan.  She hasn't gone anywhere for about 6 weeks.  I've done all the necessary travel.

Today she went with me to the horse barn for the first time since last June.  She enjoys brushing her horse, and the horse seems to enjoy it as well.  So she brushed her horse, and she was done in.  Months of inactivity has sure taken its toll.

In about 2 weeks she has a follow up doctor appointment to check the condition of her spine.  Depending on what the Doc says, we'll be able to stat riding our horses again.  Starting with short rides and working up from there.  She told me today that I'll have to help her get on due to her lack of strength.  That's OK with me.  I like grabbing her ass.

Riding the trails is not strictly staying home, but we'll do it anyway.  We'll be as far away from people as we can get around here.  It'll also be good for her core strength and emotional health.

No comments: