E-MAIL: trajectory1780@gmail.com

Wednesday, November 13, 2019

Not Home

Every day for a week I've driven the Boss to the hospital so we could sit around hoping her sister would wake up.  The Docs say her sister has no upper level brain function, to go with kidney and liver issues.  All medications were discontinued 2 days ago, and then the vent removed this morning. She's breathing on her own, shallow and inconsistent. No one knows how long her body will hang on, but we're all sure she isn't there any more.

I hate it when the Boss cries.  When she cries, I cry.

Update . . . . . . . . . 11/16
Her body didn't make it 24 hours.  Yesterday the Boss was in bad shape all day.  She didn't want anyone around her, not even me.  She was breaking my heart.  Today she's much better, almost as if nothing has happened. 

The service is this Monday.  I expect her emotions to hit another low. She's the only one left from her small family of 4.

No comments: