E-MAIL: trajectory1780@gmail.com

Tuesday, September 10, 2019

Rocky Mountain Red

Started doing ground work for the first time with my Rocky Mountain Horse, Red.  She was an experienced trail horse when I bought her so I didn't see any need.  Besides I've never done any of that before.  Due to the Boss having physical issues, and therefore only 3 rides this year, I figured some horse-human time would be a good thing.

A couple of days ago I took her to the round pen and had decent success at getting her to move, stop and change directions with just body language.  When stopped, she would look at me as if to ask, what now? 

Gonna be cleaning stalls again tomorrow.  If not too hot for me, we'll be in the round pen again.  I'd like to develop enough of a connection that she'll be drawn to me when free.  I also want to work her some with a side pull halter with the idea of future riding without a bit in her mouth.

This is my pretty little girl.



No comments: