E-MAIL: trajectory1780@gmail.com

Saturday, August 10, 2019

Hysteria

There seems to be mass hysteria after the 2 shootings last weekend.  The media is fueling this by showing people wanting something to be done, and right now.  None of which would've made any difference at all.

In both incidents no civilian was available to return fire to reduce the shooters effectiveness, or possibly stop the shooter.  In both cases the bad guy was stopped by police, a good guy with a gun.

While news and generally people are so concerned by the above shooting, the carnage last weekend in Chicago is ignored.  I read that 66 people were shot in the windy city.  I guess that's been basically ignored because it's not all that unusual in a city with strict gun control laws.

On occasion I'm asked why I carry a gun.  I carry a gun every time I leave the house, and carry it until bed time. I sometimes carry even in buildings posted with no weapons signs.  There are evil people everywhere.  Personal safety is an illusion.  A few weeks back, a deputy sheriff told me he wished everybody carried.  I agree.

No comments: