E-MAIL: trajectory1780@gmail.com

Tuesday, May 7, 2019

Hit The Dirt

Went riding this morning but stayed out of the woods because of the expected mud from the recent copious amount of rain.  Instead we rode around the edges of corn fields.  The critters were very energetic, as expected, since they have spent a lot of time in stalls and this was the first ride of the year.  I don't know what caused it but my mare went ballistic, reared up, circled and then ran and bucked.  I was launched onto the ground.  Then instead of standing still and waiting on me like usual, she ran back to the barn.

Got some soreness as I write this.  We'll try again in a couple of days.  Maybe we'll give them a little chemical tranquility next time.

Update
My left hip is extremely sore.
As it turns out I was unconscious for a short time.  The Boss was thinking I was dead due to my completely inert body.  When I got to my feet my glasses were laying someplace on the ground.  I don't remember any of that, including getting off the ground.

Going to wait at least a week before riding again.  Want to be sure the brain is OK.

No comments: