E-MAIL: trajectory1780@gmail.com

Friday, January 25, 2019

Shingles

And not the kind for roofing your house.  A week ago I went to an urgent care clinic because of blisters on the side of my face, in my hair and a swollen eye.  The Doc diagnosed shingles and prescribed a medication.

In case you don't know, shingles is a reactivation of the chickenpox virus.  Apparently, as a young child, I had that disease.  I certainly don't remember.  If I had known I would've had the vaccine.

A week later the bee sting sensation is gone, replaced with a bug crawling sensation, and most of the blisters have scabbed over.  Unfortunately my vision is still impaired by swelling around my eye, and I still have a lot of fatigue.

So far I've missed a week of work.

If you've had chickenpox, or don't know, go get vaccinated.  You really don't want shingles.

No comments: