E-MAIL: trajectory1780@gmail.com

Tuesday, May 29, 2018

Subaru Rental

When we finally arrived in Kalispell Montana, we rented a brand new Subaru Outback with just 4 miles on it.  This thing has every bell and whistle offered.  After driving it about 120 miles I have a few comments.

The truck that I drive is a 2007, and the Bosses car is a 2008, so I've not driven a vehicle with all the fancy stuff before. 

- I like the backup camera feature.
- Mixed feelings about the built in GPS that shows your position on the screen.  It's nice, but it makes it a lot easier for 'big brother' to keep track of everywhere you go.
- I'd rather not have all the programmable stuff.
- It handles surprising well for having the center of gravity that high.
- Having to buckle your seat belt and press the brake peddle before the engine will start just plain sucks.
- The fuel economy is good but at an expense.
- It has poor acceleration and struggles on modest grades here in the foot hills.  Very under powered.

Personally, I would not buy one.

No comments: