E-MAIL: trajectory1780@gmail.com

Thursday, March 16, 2017

Flash Back

Been designing a specialized drive system at work the past few weeks.  A single motor driving a right angle reducer into a special gear box, then 2 drive shafts driving 2 more special set of gears.  Each of the special gear boxes drives a timing belt.  The intent is to rotate 3 ACME screws at the same speed and direction. 

Naturally I'm dealing with limited space and other than 90 degree turns, that's why the special gear boxes.

It's been maybe 20 years since I did any gearing.  Thankfully some of it has come back into my old mind.

One of the best things about my present employment, is the variety.  Despite that, I've been looking forward to retirement lately.  There's a lot of things I want to be doing other than going to work 5 days a week.

No comments: