E-MAIL: trajectory1780@gmail.com

Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Real Gunsmith

Around here there's a lack of gunsmiths, not part changers, but real gunsmiths.  A while back I purchased a lever action rifle chambered for the 454 Casull because I have a Ruger revolver chambered for the same cartridge.  They both also shoot the old 45 Colt cartridge as well.  At least to me that's cool.

Conforming to tradition, the rifle came with buckhorn sights.  If my eyes weren't older than the rest of me that would be OK, but they're not.  Instead of installing a really large rear aperture sight I decided I wanted a red dot instead.  A company that I occasionally deal with at work (welding & machining) agreed to modify a scope rail and install it on my Winchester clone. I received an e-mail today informing me that my rifle is ready for pickup.

I'm sure a great job was done for me.  I have confidence because I've handled a falling block that guy made from scratch, and what a beautiful piece of craftsmanship to behold.

No comments: