E-MAIL: trajectory1780@gmail.com

Sunday, September 11, 2016

Red is Smooth


The Boss and the granddaughter went trail riding this morning.  The Boss on my mare, Red, and the granddaughter on her mare, that I've recently nicknamed "evil".  They were gone for 2 hours and the Boss said that Red was like riding on a cloud.  Yeah, wish I was there riding my mare instead of her.

That sounded a bit selfish, but true.  I was working in the barn, while they were having fun. 

The Bosses horse, Rowan, has all the symptoms of a popped splint.  We've been rubbing and wrapping his leg now for a week.  The swelling is almost gone, but we probably should wait another week or two before riding, even at a walk.

Her physical therapist told the Boss to ride this weekend, so she did and I didn't.  Apparently horse back riding is good for the Bosses bad back. I know it's good for her spirit and mine.

Rowan is a Kentucky Mountain Horse gelding, and Red is a Rocky Mountain Horse mare.  Rowan is 15 hands about 1050 pounds and Red is 14.3 hands and about 900 pounds.

Now if only I can get to the range for a couple hours.

No comments: