E-MAIL: trajectory1780@gmail.com

Saturday, July 9, 2016

New Girl

Went looking for a new horse. So far I've seen 4.  The first just wasn't for me.  The second was a TWH black mare.  Too much like the one I just lost.  Today we looked at 2 more.  The first was a real nice TWH black gelding.  I liked him a lot, but his markings were identical to the mare I lost.  Emotionally that was just too hard.

The second was almost the perfect horse for me, and she would be if she was a he.  The owner said it was hard to tell when she was in heat.  I hope so, because we brought her home today.  The Boss and I both rode her.  She did everything asked and only when asked, and has a nice smooth 'racking' gate.  When the Boss rode her down hill, with stirrups too long, she fell off, and the horse stopped in her tracks and waited for her to get up.  Now that was impressive.

So now we have 2 Sorrel mountain horses.  A 13 YO gelding and a 8 YO mare.

If I could've afforded the extra, I might have brought home both of them.

The one in front is the new mare.

No comments: