E-MAIL: trajectory1780@gmail.com

Friday, June 24, 2016

Recommendation

Today a co-worker asked for my opinion regards what kind of handgun to buy for the house and target shooting.  I've been asked that many times over the years.  He has a shotgun and 22.  My first recommendation for a house gun, especially for the non-shooter, is a shotgun.  He wants a handgun for the house and target shooting, so I gave him my usual answer.  Get a revolver with a 4" to 6" barrel, chambered for the 357 magnum.  A very versatile weapon chambered to fire anything from 38 special target rounds to magnum loads.

Years ago that was my choice for the reasons mentioned above.  Then when I acquired other choices the 357 was relegated for relative long range target shooting and hunting.  A 158 grain jacket hollow point at 1250F/S works quite well for taking white tailed deer out to 120 yards. Got actual experience with that. I think it would work well for goblins too, though over penetration would be a consideration.

No comments: