E-MAIL: trajectory1780@gmail.com

Friday, April 1, 2016

Rossi M92

A year or two ago I bought a Rossi M92 chambered for the 454 Casull.  It will cycle both the 45LC and the much more potent round without a hitch, and it's damn fun to boot.  My first ever lever action and chambered for one of my revolver rounds.

The only problem is that my old eyes do not appreciate the buckhorn sights that comes on the rifle.  If I concentrate I can bust a clay bird at 50 yards, but beyond that I'm hopeless with those sights.  Rossi claims to make a scope rail for it, and it's drilled and tapped for such a rail.  After more than a year I've yet to find one.

I occasionally deal with a small shop as part of my job.  Today one of the owners has agreed to help me get a picatinny rail on the rifle so I can mount a red dot sight.  I have a couple of rifles fitted with red dots and I find them to be a nice compromise between precision and speed. 

1 comment:

Kevin said...

My eyes, at 54, are no great shakes either. I put a peep sight on mine. This one:

http://store.stevesgunz.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=19_20_27&products_id=5

I'm pretty pleased with it, but it's a set-and-forget sight. Not something you want to fiddle with for different loads. (My Rossi is .45LC only.)