E-MAIL: trajectory1780@gmail.com

Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Every 3 Weeks

Took the mare out of the stall tonight for some time in the little paddock.  She absolutely refused to leave the barn.  Even rope smacks on the butt wouldn't make her move.  I thought that her hip was hurting more than usual.  After all it's not unusual to have rehab setbacks.

I attached her to a cross tie eye with a long rope and went about my business.  Then I noticed her walking decent to visit one of the geldings.  Man is she in heat, to the point of refusing to leave the boys.  I checked the calendar, and yep it's been 3 weeks.  Horses come-in about every 3 weeks.  Bummer.

Decided that it's not a good idea to try cleaning her hooves tonight.  Don't know if she can stand on 3 legs for the cleaning, or for the hoof trimming scheduled for tomorrow night.  Besides not interested in having her squirt on me.

No comments: