E-MAIL: trajectory1780@gmail.com

Sunday, November 8, 2015

The Horse & I

My sister has been visiting from Florida these past few weeks, so I haven't been posting much as of late. 

Last weekend 3 of us went riding, and a wonderful ride it was . . . . until it wasn't.  Grandaughter, Boss and I were really enjoying our time on horseback until we came to a creek crossing.  When the undercut bank gave way, Gigi and I almost fell on our side, but she regained balance and I managed to stay in the saddle.  The bad part is that it scared her to death, and so the other 2 horses as well.  The horses went home on their own, and we walked.

Today the Boss and I attempted to go riding again, but it didn't go so well.  Apparently Gigi remembered last week and refused to go up the road past the barking dogs.  I tried twice and finally she bucked a bit.  So back to the barn we went for some ground work.  My riding skills have apparently improved a little since she didn't throw me off.

If not scared, Gigi is a wonderful and gentle ride.  I need to introduce her to new experiences in smaller steps.

No comments: