E-MAIL: trajectory1780@gmail.com

Monday, October 12, 2015

Range Time . . . Finally

The adopted grandchildren's stepfather is a decent guy.  I suppose I can call him a friend.  He decided to attend a concealed carry class but doesn't own a handgun.  He asked to borrow 1 of mine.  Saturday I took him to the range for some basic instruction using my Hi-Power.  I chose to loan him that one because it's one of the easiest guns I own to shoot well.

His biggest issue was being right handed and left eye dominant.  He has gotten by, by closing his left eye to shoot long and short guns.  I taught him to tilt the weapon a little to the left and keep both eyes open.  With a little bit of practice he was keeping all rounds on a half sized silhouette at 25 yards.

Apparently he rocked during the shooting portion of the class Sunday.

While there I finally got the red dot adjusted on my AR, though not the EER on the Ishapore.

I was also pleasantly surprised that my handgun skills had not completely eroded in the couple months since I was at the range last.

No comments: