E-MAIL: trajectory1780@gmail.com

Saturday, June 6, 2015

I Hate Funerals

My sister-in-law's husband and I became friends and hunting buddies shortly after I married the Boss.  For decades we hunted small game, deer, wild hogs, and even took a trip for a wilderness elk hunt.  He's the one who got me interested in firearms and reloading as hobbies.

Earlier this week his father, 92, passed.  I've known his father just as long, but didn't know him well since I only saw him at holiday gatherings.  The Boss and I attended the funeral today. 

I guess I forgot that he was a veteran.  He was in the Army Air Corp during WWII. I also didn't know that he was eligible for the military burial ceremony.  Thought that was only for active duty personnel.

I wasn't very emotional during the funeral, because after all I didn't know the departed very well.  But I almost lost control when they played Tapps, and I did lose it when the flag was presented to my hunting buddy.

No comments: