E-MAIL: trajectory1780@gmail.com

Thursday, April 2, 2015

So Far So Good

Because of back shape and very high whithers the saddle we have does not fit.  It's obvious the previous owner was riding him with a saddle that didn't fit.  I suspect that unless we spend big bucks for a custom fit saddle, I'll never find one that will fit him.

The saddle contacts the horse front and rear.  I can slip my hand flat, in the middle, between the horse and the saddle.  Apparently others have had the same issue, because there are saddle pads on the market to help the situation.

Looks to me like this horse has tolerated bad fitting saddles for some time.  So I allowed the granddaughter to ride him for a short time.  He, the horse, was wonderful.  He was calm but energetic, and did everything she asked of him.  No dancing when mounted.  No fight to clean hooves.  He walked, gated and cantered with smooth efficiency.  He was beautiful to watch.

I think we found the right horse. In a couple weeks we may get another one.  The stable owner has an uncle who deals with Tennessee Walkers.  He'll be bringing 3 by for us to consider.

No comments: