E-MAIL: trajectory1780@gmail.com

Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Soon to Pull the Trigger

In a manner of speaking.

During our standard Saturday errand run, I stopped in a gun shop to look at toys while the Boss was in another store.  The Boss asked why, the silly woman.  Told her I was looking for a lever action in 454 Casull.  Again she asked why.  Because I don't have a lever action, and I can share ammo with the big revolver.  She then became quiet.

Later she asked if they didn't have what I wanted, and true they did not.  Apparently their distributor only had the stainless 20 in barrel version, which would cost me $701 plus tax.  I think I will like one with the 16 inch barrel better.

Today, at lunch I visited a small shop close to where I work.  They can get me a 20 inch blued rifle for $650 out the door, tax included.  The lady is checking a GunBroker advertised stainless 16 inch gun for me.  New in box?  Shipping cost?  Is it a Puma?  They tend to come apart with use.  What will my total be after shipping and transfer fee?

So tomorrow I'll be making a decision.  20 inch blue or 16 inch stainless?  Apparently there are no 16 inch blued rifles to be had.

Oh, and the Boss hasn't complained a bit, but she doesn't know the price as yet.

I wonder what my hand loads will do out of a closed 16 or 20 inch barrel?  My Ruger revolver spits 240 grain bullets at 1800 feet/second, and 300 grainers at 1600 feet/second.

No comments: