E-MAIL: trajectory1780@gmail.com

Saturday, October 12, 2013

Jury Duty

Way back in the dark ages I was working 40 hours a week, second shift on an assembly line to support my wife and first son.  I was also going to the local college full time.  If not in school full time my butt was to be drafted and sent to Vietnam.  One day I got jury duty notice in the mail.  I reported for an interview as required.  At one point I was asked if there was any reason that I couldn't serve on a jury.  When I explained my situation, I was immediately excused.

Several years later I was again summoned for jury duty.  I reported to the specified room in the court house, only to be informed that the case had been settled.

Two weeks ago I was once again informed that I am part of a jury pool.  I am to call a specified number after 4PM every Friday for a recorded message about the following week, for the entire month of October.  So far I've called twice, and twice no notice to report.  I wonder if I'll be serving on a jury this time around.  Might be an interesting experience.

No comments: