E-MAIL: trajectory1780@gmail.com

Monday, September 9, 2013

A Little Range Time . . Very Little

Yesterday I managed to sneak away to the range for 2-1/2 hours.  Tested the repaired Ruger Security Six and the modified Hi-Power.  As expected all was well.  The 357 fired with every press of the trigger and the newly installed fiber optic front site on the Hi-Power was great.

I had the new front site installed along with a Novac rear, replacing the black target sites.  The fiber is much easier for these old eyes to see, and better for the intended use of this weapon.

I also ran rounds over the chronograph from both the above as well as my Charter 44 special, in addition to shooting from a rest for accuracy.  Haven't done that in a while.

While there I observed a young man instructing what appeared to be his father and grandfather handgun shooting.  Not only is that unusual, but he didn't do a very good job of it either.

No comments: