E-MAIL: trajectory1780@gmail.com

Thursday, June 13, 2013

Kind of Rattles a Bit

Back around 1990, before I really got into guns as a hobby and just before the 10 round magazine limit went into effect, I bought myself a birthday present. . . . An FEG clone of the browning Hi-Power.  At the time my handgun battery consisted of a 6" Ruger Security Six and an old Sauer&Son 32 auto.  I really had no use for that pistol, other than thumbing my nose at the government. 

I walked away from the gun show with a pistol that held more rounds then Nanny wanted me to have, and 6 additional evil 13 round magazines.  So why a Hi-Power?  Because it held more than 10, and it fit my hand like no other pistol at that time.  It was designed when the average hand was smaller than today.  I did can the stupid magazine disconnect rather quickly though.  And I still love that thing, despite being shot so much that it's become extremely loose.

A local smith said he can tighten it up for a lot less than buying a new one.  I think I'll take him up on that.

No comments: