E-MAIL: trajectory1780@gmail.com

Monday, June 17, 2013

Even They Break Eventually

I happen to own  a Ruger Security Six that I outfitted sometime in the 1990s with a red dot sight.  With my hand loads it's been an extremely accurate deer slayer for decades.  Yesterday I threw a box of 158 Gr hollow points at a 8 inch hanging steel plate at 75 yards. A lot of bell ringing resulted.  I quit when the firing pin stuck such that I couldn't close the loaded cylinder.

I know if I send it back to Ruger, it'll get fixed at no charge.  The issue is the delay and the red dot sight.  I'd have to re-mount the sight and go through the sighting in process again.  I think I'll take it to the local smith instead.

That's a bummer.  I had planned on the Hi-Power getting a tightening job next.

No comments: