E-MAIL: trajectory1780@gmail.com

Sunday, March 3, 2013

Back Home - 30 Carbine

Picked up my 30 carbine from the smith yesterday.  It's had an issue caused by soft steel stopping the piston.  The soft stuff would mushroom and stop the weight from fully closing the action.  He used extra high strength silver solder to replace some of the softer metal with harder metal.  If that doesn't work, there's no charge to try another fix.  I'm anxious to try it out. 

He also checked the head space, without me asking.  Normally if the head space is off in a used gun, it's too long.  Not this time.  He found the head space to be too short.  He fixed that too.

He told me it shot very smooth during his test.

I have 1 magazine that I know functions as it should.  One got blown apart when the bolt didn't fully close and the case split.  I have 4 magazines that need some slight adjustment.  They don't latch in place like they should.  The standard capacity is 15 rounds.  That makes the carbine one of those evil guns.

Hopefully some range time this weekend.

No comments: