E-MAIL: trajectory1780@gmail.com

Saturday, February 16, 2013

A Wrench in The Works

For the last 3 years I've been working in the silicon semi-conductor industry.  I'm a mechanical engineer working to improve performance of the machines used to grow large silicon crystals.  I'm also involved in specifying the needs of machine sub assemblies to be purchased.

There's only one company in the US that builds these type of machines, and unfortunately it looks like they're closing their doors.  This is unfortunate for those employees, and for my employer as well.  We have 3 projects in the works that are critical for our existence, and all 3 were dependant on the company that appears to be closing.  I know of a company in South Korea and another in Europe.  I wonder which way our management will jump?  I hope it's not Korean.  We have 3 of theirs and I'm not impressed.

No comments: