E-MAIL: trajectory1780@gmail.com

Saturday, April 14, 2012

Been A While

And posting will continue to be sporadic. Still working on modifications to the new place and to some extent making repairs to the house for sale. The 'sale house', where we still reside, is now also about half empty. Tomorrow is 'open house' so we're cleaning up today.

This weekend was to be 2 days of no work, but play. Today was supposed to be 6 hours of a big paintball game, and tomorrow a trip to the range. Unfortunately it rained all day today, and tomorrow will have a few hours of work, and less time at the range. At least some range time is still in the plan.

So this evening I gathered a few items for the range, and got a big surprise. When I opened the safe I found that my Kimber 45 was not on the shelf. I looked all over the house and couldn't find it. I asked the Boss if she put it up somewhere away from the grand kids, but she claims to not having even seen it. I haven't been shooting in about 5 months, so I had no idea what I did with it.

Sitting here, typing this, I now remember where it is. We have a hidden compartment here in this room. I put the Kimber there when the Hi-Power was removed for a site replacement. That was last fall. In fact, tomorrow, I'll be taking the HiPower out for the first time since then.

Had a worried, scare for a while there.

No comments: