E-MAIL: trajectory1780@gmail.com

Friday, March 9, 2012

Short Handed

Of and on, for about 3 months now I've told the director (of engineering) that if he wants to accomplish most of the 50+ mechanical engineering tasks this year, I need more help. We have myself and one designer. He is a temporary that's been with us for 1-1/2 years.

So far the result has been the possibility of sharing one of the designers from the other part of the company. Just great! That's where we were when I joined the department. Sharing, does little for me and hurts the other part of the business. Why not bring another temporary in for a few months?

Will asking for another temporary make the director look bad? Does he expect me to step up and work 50-60 hours a week? Good luck on that!

I just don't understand.

No comments: