E-MAIL: trajectory1780@gmail.com

Monday, November 14, 2011

OOps !!

The first day we spent at the new, little, house we were visited by our one and only neighbor. A very nice widow lady came and introduced herself, interrupting our vine removal work. And then a local police cruiser pulled up. There were 2 cops in the car, just sitting there staring.

So I walked over and introduced myself. They recorded my name and the name of the previous owner, then left. This last weekend, while I was working in the basement, the Boss had police visitors both days. All total, in 3 separate days, we met 5 cops all from the same township police force. And non of them knew ahead of time that the vacant house had new owners. They certainly have very poor reporting practices. At least they were keeping an eye on the place.

After I talked to the first 2, and they left, I remembered that I was carrying. It's easy to forget about the 45 under my shirt when it's been there all day. In Ohio we're required by law to inform any LEO we encounter that we have a license and whether or not we have a weapon. I forgot. OOps!

No comments: