E-MAIL: trajectory1780@gmail.com

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

No Glock For Me

This guy gives us 4 reasons why he carries a Glock.

Well I can give you one very good reason that I don't own a Glock. I have small hands, and when gripped correctly I can't get my finger in front of the trigger. I refuse to carry any weapon that I can't shoot one handed with either hand.

My carry guns are in order of preference, depending on the circumstance;
3" alloy frame 1911
Kahr PM9
Keltec P3AT

Some will say that I shouldn't mix types of carry guns. At least for me this is not a problem despite my preference for single action pistols. When I grab one of those pistols I don't even think about the differences. My hand automatically switches from long trigger travel and no safety to short trigger travel and safety, and back again. Having said that, there's no doubt my marksmanship is better with a 1911.

Oh, and a double stack pistol is definitely more difficult to conceal on my 5'6", 200 pound body than any of the 3 listed above.

No comments: