E-MAIL: trajectory1780@gmail.com

Friday, September 2, 2011

Blessed

About 5 years ago I lost the job I held for 16 years. Basically I was fired for an undisclosed reason. Within a month my personal life went to hell. My mother, living with us, was getting really bad with Alzheimer's, and then moved to a nursing home in Florida near my sister. I remodeled her place for wheel chair access and moved the Boss's parents in there. Her mother died a few months later. Not having a job was actually a good thing at that time.

When the personal life settled down, I landed an easy job doing mechanical design, then I was the engineering supervisor at the same place. When the economy crapped out, that company was merged out of state. I thought I'd be unemployed for a long time, but only missed 2 weeks of work. I worked as a temporary for 19 months, and now I'll be direct hired. When COBRA was no longer available, I now have medical coverage.

There are times when I think I'm blessed with a guardian angel, other than the Boss. She has to be angelic to tolerate my sorry ass for 40 years.

No comments: