E-MAIL: trajectory1780@gmail.com

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Be Prepared

Two nights ago I was in bed reading, around midnight, when the doorbell rang, rang and then again. The father-in-law lives in an apartment that is attached via an enclosed breezeway. I thought something might be wrong with him, but there was also a chance that it was someone from the outside.

I grabbed the bedroom 45, donned a robe, and headed to the door. We have motion activated lights outside that were burning brightly. There at the door was an overweight woman that appeared to be in a little distress. Seeing no one else, and 45 at my side, I opened the door enough to talk to her.She claimed she ran out of gas, and I could see a vehicle on the side of the road with flashing lights.

Our driveway circles around the back of the house, so I instructed her to walk out back and I'd give her some fuel. I gave her a gallon or so in an old gas can, and she went on her way.

I swear she never once noticed the bright, shiny chrome plated 1911 in my hand.

Now when I was returning to the bedroom, the Boss was peeking around the corner with her gun in her hand. I was gone longer then she expected, so she got prepared. As I've said before, damn fine woman there.

No comments: