E-MAIL: trajectory1780@gmail.com

Thursday, April 21, 2011

Generally Rude

2 days ago I had a phone message from a head hunter (recruiter). The next day I returned the call and left a message because he was apparently not at his desk. I left him a number where he could contact me during working hours. Today he called the house, not the number I left, and left me another message.

I realize that these guys get paid by the employer, but do they really have to treat the potential employee like a piece of meat? Some are just plain rude. I generally refuse to deal with those pricks.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I had to work for a recruiter once. Worst job ever. I made calls from long hit sheets with names upon names on them, with little more information than that. I recall asking a mother if I could speak to her son about joining the Marines; the sheet said that he would graduate that year (1999), and she started screaming at me that her kid was in a wheelchair and for the last time, would we stop calling. By her tone I had no reason to doubt that she was telling the truth, and I felt like an ass. A jobs a job though.

Unknown said...

Oh, I just got to the post about the type of recruiter you were talking about. Same type of work though!