E-MAIL: trajectory1780@gmail.com

Thursday, November 18, 2010

This & That

Physical therapy today was the roughest yet. Four new exercises were added, and the old ones had more repetitions and/or increased weight. Two hours produced some sweat running down my temples...That was this morning. I've been stiff and sore all afternoon, at home. I learned my lesson about going to work after therapy. I did that just one time, and it was way too much.

I picked up my repaired Kimber this afternoon. The broken cast safety and the cast slide stop have now been replaced with machined parts from Ed Brown. The extractor was already a machined part. Parts and labor totaled at $160. I paid $750 for it 5-6 years ago when the local retail price was around $1200. The same for my 3" version, so having to drop another $160 doesn't bother me, except for the reliability factor. I'll probably have the same thing done to my 3" Kimber in the not too distant future. The possibility of the same failure on my carry gun is disturbing.

On the way home from the gun shop I stopped at a florist and bought 6 roses for the Boss. She's done a bang-up job of taking care of me after surgery. Sure put a smile on her face that was a pleasure to see.

While I was non-mobile after surgery there were several interesting local engineering jobs posted. I basically ignored them because I was in no shape for interviewing. I saw a position of interest last night and sent in a resume. I feel a little guilty about that. My present contract employer has treated me well and even held my position for me while I was off due to surgery. Even now there's no complaint about me working part time while continuing to heal. They're not obligated to do any of that, but they did. The trouble is, I need the benefits that a direct hire position has. A person must look out for himself and family first. Personal experience has taught me that truth.

No comments: