E-MAIL: trajectory1780@gmail.com

Thursday, July 8, 2010

Spending Some Money

Most Saturdays I find myself being the driver for Mrs. Boss while running all sort of errands. This last Saturday was only slightly different in that we spent some money on new televisions. Yep, plural. More than 1. Both are 32" LCDs.

One for the basement, replacing an ancient CRT model. One room of the basement is set up like a semi-family room, consisting of computer desk, exercise machines, recliners and a TV. That's where the new LCD is now located. My Man Cave (work room / armory) still has an old CRT.

The other went in our bedroom. I moved the old 31"(?) CRT from there to a spare bedroom for the grand kids. I had forgotten how heavy the old monster TVs are.

We, especially me, had a weak moment. We have 6 televisions scattered around the house, and now 4 of them are LCD. We had 6 before, but most were quite old except for the 54" in the family room and the 13" in the kitchen.

My frugal will power has been a little lacking lately. That's why I've purposely avoided the recent gun show and the local gun shops. I really, really want one of these or these. It's been talking to me in my dreams, and I haven't even touched one yet. I'm afraid that if I touch it, I'll buy it.

No comments: