E-MAIL: trajectory1780@gmail.com

Thursday, May 27, 2010

454 in a Long Gun

I've once again acquired the fever to buy a long gun chambered in the 454 Casull. Out of my Super Redhawk I load the 240Gr bullet to 1800F/S and the 300Gr to 1600F/S. I've read reports that out of a rifle length barrel, it rivals, if not surpasses the 45-70 in power. Whether it does or not, not sure I care. It'll still be pretty cool. Besides, the safe and gun closet are both lacking a lever-cranker.

I saw one in a local shop a few months ago, but declined to handle it because the temptation might be more than I can resist. I thought it was Henry, but I can't find this chambering on their website. Unfortunately I didn't find it on Marlin's either. I did find that Howa/Rossi/Puma makes a Winchester92 clone chambered for the 454.

Maybe this weekend I'll trek on up to the local shop and see if they still have the one I saw. If it's still there I'm going to caress it with loving hands and listen for sweet words in return.

No comments: