E-MAIL: trajectory1780@gmail.com

Friday, October 30, 2009

SLLLOOOOWWWWWW PC

My computer at work is something like 8 years old, but it was set up to run a software package called PRO-E. That's a high end solid modeling package for mechanical design, so it has 1Gig of RAM. That isn't a lot by todays standards, but sufficient.

The Boss's laptop is about 1-1/2 years old and has 3 Gigs of RAM. The extra memory and other newer technologies allow it to operate faster than my work machine.

Our home desk PC is about the same age as my work PC but runs significantly slower. It has 256 Meg of RAM. It seems to struggle with todays applications even some websites. Now that I'm back into the job hunting mode, it's driving me crazy.

Tonight I ordered 1Gig of RAM for the old PC. That's the Max it can handle. I sure hope that speeds it up some. My patience would appreciate it.

No comments: