E-MAIL: trajectory1780@gmail.com

Monday, October 12, 2009

OOps . . . Crash

When leaving the range yesterday I stupidly backed into a parked, small sized SV. My right rear bumper corner caught the SV in the soft spot between the corner and rear wheel. There really wasn't much damage to either vehicle. Mine looked like I just got some paint transfer. Wrong. The tail gate didn't operate correctly when I opened it at home.

The bumper bent inward and then sprung back most of the way. The estimate is $1100 to replace the bumper and correct some minor cosmetics. Thanks to no previous claims, our $500 deductible is being reduced to just $150.

This is my third pickup, and all the others had rear step bumpers built like armor. My son once backed one of them into a telephone pole, wiggling the pole, without damage to the truck or bumper. The bumper on my Nissan Frontier is pretty much crap, with the only strength where a trailer hitch ball would be fastened.

By the way, the other driver was only annoyed a little bit. Yep, an armed society really is a polite society.

1 comment:

Haji said...

Kind of amazing what it costs to have body parts repaired, isn't it?