E-MAIL: trajectory1780@gmail.com

Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Carry Guns

James has decided to show off his choice in carry guns.
If interest go on over and have a look.
My choices are different, but I certainly can't argue with his.

- - - - - -

For several years my main carry gun was a Llama MiniMax .45acp which is an all steel pistol holding 6 in the magazine. As alternates when something smaller and lighter was required are the Llama MicroMax .380 and Walther PPK in .32acp.

I still own all three but the Llama .45acp is now my truck gun and the Llama .380 is being cared for by my daughter-in-law until she can afford to get something of her own. She fell in love with that tiny 1911 style pistol.

Today my main carry piece is a Kimber UltraCarry 1911 .45acp. The aluminum alloy frame cuts about 1/2 pound off the weight. It has a 3" barrel and holds 7 rounds in the magazine. The Kimber is my first choice, but there are times when 8 rounds of .45 ammo gets a little heavy and something slightly smaller would be better.

That's where the relatively new Kahr PM9 comes in. It's smaller in every dimension, holds 7 rounds of 9mm and is quite a bit lighter in weight. Right now I don't carry it very much because I've as yet to really get comfortable with the long striker fired trigger pull. I'm OK with it at ranges closer than 15 yards, but not nearly as good as I am at 25 yards and beyond like with the Kimber.

And smaller and lighter yet, is the tiny little Keltec P3AT in .380. In a pocket holster this little shooter basically disappears from sight and mind. It's basically an up close and personal defensive weapon. I can hit 1/2 size silouette targets at 25 yards with it, but a lot of concentration is required.

For long walks in the woods I usually carry openly. Sometimes it's a full sized Kimber 1911 in .45acp that holds 9 rounds, either concealed or open. But usually I carry a 6" barreled .357 Mag. in a bandolier holster, right out in the open for anybody to see.

1 comment:

James R. Rummel said...

Thank you kindly for the link!

James