E-MAIL: trajectory1780@gmail.com

Sunday, June 28, 2009

By Myself

It's Sunday afternoon, and nobody home but Amber (Siberian Husky) and me. Thought I'd take a break from preparing cartridges for reloading.

I had originally planned on going to the outdoor range yesterday with my youngest son, but we postponed the trip due to the environment. Neither one of us have much tolerance for 90F temperatures and high humidity. I spent the afternoon sitting in the garage with the Boss, in front of a fan, keeping her company while the garage sale was going on. I mostly sat and read a book with a .45 on my hip, keeping an eye out for any goblin who might think she was easy prey. That's where I belonged anyway.

Had thought I'd go today but the Boss has my truck helping one of the daughter-in-laws. I could take her car, but it's a bit inconvenient with long guns, especially with as many as I usually take. That's OK. Next weekend is the 4th, and what better way to spend one of those days than at the range... Besides, being at the house by myself gives me a chance to load some more ammo.

No comments: