E-MAIL: trajectory1780@gmail.com

Saturday, May 9, 2009

Short & Long

The machine shop that I deal with professionally made 2 aluminum spacers for The AR. I can now position the flash hider to maximize accuracy. Moving the mass of the hider changes the harmonics of the barrel. Browning and then Winchester used to market rifles with a movable weight that accomplished the same thing.

My source for a Kahr PM9 at dealer cost has unfortunately failed. He's a low volume dealer and can't get any from his supplier. Makes me wish I would've asked him to get me one last summer when he got the AR for me, before the gun manufacturer's best buddy was elected. I had the money, so I just went ahead and got one at retail. Ouch.

I know have 3 different carry guns to choose from depending on the circumstance. The tiny Keltec .380 that's in my pocket as I type this, the PM9 for when a little larger is OK, and my Kimber UltraCarry that has and will most likely continue to by my main weapon.

I mounted a red dot sight on the Ishapore carbine last week. I'd planned on sighting it in and adjusting the AR flash hider today. Unfortunately mother nature has different ideas. It's way too windy for that, especially the light & little bullets from the AR.

I still need to run some rounds through the PM9 before I start carrying it, and I have some new loads for the Bulldog 44. The new loads should be less stiff than the last ones that were a bit too hot. Maybe tomorrow I can slip away to the indoor range for some short handgun action.

No comments: