E-MAIL: trajectory1780@gmail.com

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Rationing

Around lunch today I made a trip up the road to a machine shop to clean up a an error made on a drawing. Being the Engineering Supervisor and the only mechanical engineer I'd like to not claim credit for the error, but it's all mine.

They'll have the fixture done by the end of the week, and a little spacer for me as well. I found that I could improve the accuracy of my AR by changing the location of the flash suppressor. The spacer (aluminum) will allow me to tighten down the suppressor.

Also just happened :-) to drive by a local shooting supply shop. They actually had a few bricks of Federal primers, which I purchased 2. They only had Federal. Bought 1 of large pistol and 1 of small pistol magnum. I'm almost out of small rifle primers for the 454, but they didn't have any. One guy tried to buy 2 bricks of the same thing, but they wouldn't sell him more than one due to the lack of supply. They're doing the same thing with factory pistol ammo.

Never thought I'd see the day when ammo and components would be rationed. At least it doesn't seem to be by Fed mandate, . . . . yet.

No comments: