E-MAIL: trajectory1780@gmail.com

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Best Revolver

James has a post answering the Taurus, S&W and Ruger question. Apparently a newbie asked the question. My answer is that all are just fine for the average shooter or as a carry gun that's carried a lot and shot a little. For someone like me, or like I used to be when firing 1500 to 2000 rounds of stout magnum loads a year, there's no hesitation. I pick Ruger. They just last longer than the other guys, and of late the triggers aren't bad either. I recently handled a new Ruger SP101 that had a trigger as smooth as the Boss's thigh.

I have 1 H&R (my mothers), 1 Charter Arms and 4 Rugers in the safe. And the Charter would be a Ruger if they made a small framed 44 special.

Don't forget to check out the comments. One guy has a nice historical perspective.

No comments: