E-MAIL: trajectory1780@gmail.com

Friday, December 5, 2008

Oh Well

As sometimes happens, plans change. Instead of being in the woods I'm at home getting some things accomplished. The brother-in-law works as a machine repairman in a process plant. One major piece of equipment broke down Wednesday, and since I haven't heard anything I assume is still under repair. So he had to work and I'm not about to head out into the mostly vertical woods with a gimpy leg by myself.

So most of yesterday was spent trouble shooting the maze of telephone wires in the house. We kept getting the signal that one handset was off the hook, but none were. I got that fixed by undoing what the cable company professional did a while back. When we switched from the phone lines to the cable lines he ran a wire outside from the cable modem to the telephone systems box. When I bypassed that new wire all became well with our phone system.

Today I've cleaned up what I did yesterday and will then fix a chair, and then clean up my work room. The next chore on the list is to convert the garden tractor from a lawn mower into a snow blower. After that I may just chill for a while.

No comments: