E-MAIL: trajectory1780@gmail.com

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

National Ammo Day

Once again we've come upon the unofficial, or not, National Ammo Day. It's fitting that we celebrate our liberty by purchasing ammo near election time. It's especially fitting this year. Before you ask, no I haven't bought any today. I intended to do it last week but some sort of sinus bug kept me at home.

As it turns out the eldest son is on vacation next week and is going to the surplus distributor so he's going to pick up a few rounds for me. For my three battle rifles I have 1100 .308, 500 7.62x39 and 150 .223. The Boss, bless her heart, has told me that's not enough. Being the obediant husband I must attempt to fix the situation.

The son will pick up 500 to 1,000 rounds of .223 if they have brass cased stuff. I'm not going to shoot steel cased ammo through my new AR. Sometime this winter I'll start reloading my own for the AR, but in the mean time, the Boss's wishes must be met.

He'll also get me 1,000 rounds of 7.62x39. It's still cheap enough that I'm not loading them.

No comments: