E-MAIL: trajectory1780@gmail.com

Tuesday, November 4, 2008

God & Guns

Like most Mondays, last night the Boss had some women in for their weekly bible study. At the end of their session I smelled some pumpkin pie and joined them for a bite. As it turns out they were talking about gun control and gun ownership. Of the five women there, only the Boss lived in a house with any guns around.

Two of the other 4 were considering the purchase of a gun for home defense. Being a gun nut and personal protectionist it didn't take much prodding for me to chime in. Being women who are not really into, nor can afford much shooting I suggetsed a 20Ga shotgun. They were definately not interested, so I once again fell back to the 38 special revolver. To be more specific I suggested a 4" .357 Mag loaded with 38+p. The heavier frame will reduce felt reciol and the +P should do just fine at short range.

One lady didn't understand the 2A beyond what she heard from the anti-gunnies. When I explained that it wasn't about hunting, but about the tools to protect The People from their own government, she appeared enlightened and for some reason relieved.

When I said the unwritten right of self-defense was related she appeared more relieved. When I explained that having a gun was also a duty, in my eyes, to protect my family and that I carry most of the time she was impressed. I think she's seen the light of truth.

Hopefully the near future will find me helping at least one of them pick out a used revolver.

No comments: