E-MAIL: trajectory1780@gmail.com

Sunday, August 10, 2008

Competing With The Kids

I was joined today playing paintball by one of my coworkers, . . . who happens to report to me. He used some of my extra gear. He missed his chance to shoot the boss. Heh.

During a break in action one of the youngsters, most were my sons age and a couple my grandsons age, asked how old I am. I truthfully told them I'm 57. At which one said that puts down his fathers claim that he's too old for the game. His father is in his mid 40s. They started calling me 'old man' after that. When sides were being picked I was among the first 2 chosen every time. I no longer sprint between, or slide behind cover like in the past. I now rely on tactics and know-how. I'm actually quite proud that I can still go out and compete successfully with the kids.

Now if you'll excuse me, I need to go take some muscle & joint pain medicine.

No comments: