E-MAIL: trajectory1780@gmail.com

Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Always Carry

I've had a carry license from Florida for 5 years, and from Ohio for 4 years. Whenever legal, and sometimes when not, I carry a gun when leaving the house. Hell, sometimes I carry in the yard and even in the house. Unfortunately my place of work is a no-guns zone by policy (German owned company) and the sign on the door, so my gun stays in the car, but not my 4" folding knife. I've been accused of being paranoid. I've been asked why I feel the need. Some think I'm a little wacky.

I carry because it's my responsibility as a citizen, father and husband, and because I trust myself to do what's right. If a stranger needs help, I'll come to his aid. If threatened I'll fight back. If the Boss, son or grandchild is threatened, the dark side will control. That's who I am. That's who I've always been. I don't care much about legislation when it comes to what's right. And legislation be damned when it comes to someone trying to harm my family. It doesn't matter if I have a gun or not, I'll wade right in. So I might as well have the appropriate tool.

I might get injured or die in the attempt. But this will never happen.

. . . . Steve didn’t have his gun! He always carries his gun! When he comes to my house, he has his gun on him under his shirt. He doesn’t go anywhere without his gun! Don, he didn’t have his gun! In fact, when the police were telling me about the shooting, I asked them where Steve’s gun was. They said that they had not found his gun so I told them that the criminals have it. Later, we found it at his home.”

1 comment: